Have you ever wondered what goes into raising a puppy to become a service dog? Want to help out but can’t raise a puppy at home? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
- Get email updates
- Get photos at different stages of the training
- Have “Meet and Greets” with your sponsored pup!
How do I sponsor a dog?
The cost to sponsor a dog is a $500+ donation to our organization. To start the process and to pick from the dogs currently or close to being in our program please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What would my money go to?
Total cost for BASK to raise a puppy is approximately $8000.00. If the pup is sick or injured in any way, that cost will rise
Cost breakdown for raising a puppy is:
- Cost for a healthy, well bred puppy: $2000.00 (our puppies are all donated by Lee Kohlenberger of Berkshire Poodles in Pittsfield, MA)
- Food, chews, treats (We feed Fromm): $65.00 x 18 months = $1500.00
- Vet (Our veterinarian is Medway Animal Hospital, they give us a substantial discount on services): Vaccinations, spays, neuters, Seresto collars, health clearances and gastropexies as well as monthly (discounted) chiropractic care by Dr Sarah Mizzoni = $3000.00
- Training equipment (Cody’s donates leashes and collars) crates, x pens, training collars, long lines, beds, toys, etc. = $1500.00
- Training–all training is donated by the staff of Alpha Dog K9 Training.
- Puppy raiser time, energy and patience as well as showing up every week–priceless.